March 10, 2014

Rise and Grind






Eating healthy and exercising isn't always the funnest thing to do. Believe me I love chocolate and cake as much as the next girl, but lately I've been trying really hard to keep up with staying healthy. The biggest concern people run into is either cost or not enough time. So I thought I would show you guys how simple it really is to maintain that healthy diet.

Breakfast- On a normal day I'm waking up between 5:00 and 6:00 so I'm usually beyond exhausted and beyond lazy. Oatmeal (I just used the quick fix today since I was running late so I opted for Quaker Oats strawberries and cream) and a sliced banana were quick and easy to prepare and kept me full until lunch time. It's also been proven that oatmeal keeps you full four hours longer than cold cereal does.

Lunch- Since my mornings are rushed I typically don't have time to pack a lunch after waking up. So I prepare it the night before not only to reduce stress, but to let me sleep in just a little bit longer. I absolutely love throwing fruit into my salads. They typically consist of, carrots, baby cucumbers, apples, strawberries, and occasionally I'll throw in some mandarin oranges just for fun. Then that all gets topped off with a lite balsamic vinaigrette that is to die for.

Snack- Typically I'll carry a granola bar in my purse to munch on for a snack but on days like today I was able to come home and slice myself a lovely apple, with the serving size of peanut butter for a bit of calcium, and a quick polly-o string cheese.

Workout- In between my snack and dinner I try to workout. I typically work out everyday taking breaks on Friday's and Sunday's because those days are always so busy and I just can't find the time. For me, running is extremely boring and mundane so I just can't ever bring myself to do it. The key is finding fun workouts that you enjoy doing because you can't even tell you're working until the sweat is dripping down your face.

Dinner- My dinner tonight consisted of a mozzarella and pesto panini with apples. I try to keep my diet extremely colorful because for some reason to me it just seems all that healthier.

Drinks- I used to be on this massive Dr. Pepper fix, it started out of nowhere but suddenly it was all I wanted to drink. But now I only drink water. You should be consuming about eight glasses a day and cutting out soda and any other sugary drink from my diet not only cleared up my face, but also provided me with a lot more energy throughout the day.

If you guys are interested in the different workouts I do or more posts on how I try to maintain a healthy diet just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment